torsdag 28. oktober 2010

Across America, post 3

The third day has gone, and I am still enjoying the trip. Today, after a late check out from the motel, I started driving further, excited for what`s coming after the next corner.

When you are doing a trip like this, you never know what’s coming. You are travelling all the time, sleeping at different places every night. I have just travelled for 3 days, but have already experienced a big, American city, a smaller village and the countryside. You never get bored; there is always something to experience. You also meet many interesting persons.

Since I am travelling all the time, I am also meeting different landscapes and weather. My journey started in Chicago, a city located north in America, and is going to end in Los Angeles, a city more south, famous for beaches and hot weather. Through the journey, I will drive through desert, forests, over mountains etc, and will hopefully experience a lot. The weather would most probably change a lot, but if it’s raining somewhere, I can just drive on to the next city.

 When I drove on, I saw a landscape which looked more like the pictures I have seen. Big, nice roads, only and the only cars I saw were some local farmers and tourists. The landscape around was really nice as well! Desert covered with small trees and cactus, and some beautiful, conical mountains further away. Quite often, I drove through small villages, often with just a few houses. They villages were looking exactly like they were looking in the 60`s, even the cars was old. Here, you can buy a real, big hamburger, made by a chef only thinking taste, not health. The local farmers are calling villages like this “the only real America,” and told me they never would have lived in a city. I understand them well.

What`s surprised me very much, was all the flags I saw. Regardless where I was, American flag was painted on walls, cars, or hung on flagpoles. The American people are very proud of their country, and the national feeling is strong.

The American flag was adopted June 14, 1777, but then only with 13 stars. The current version of the flag came June 4, 1960 and has 50 stars, one per state in USA. The 13 stripes represent the first 13 colonies that rebelled against the British monarchy and became the first states in the union. The flag, which is called “stars and stripes,” is one of the world’s most recognized symbols.

Right now, I am sitting in the car at a drive in cinema, waiting for the movie to start. Here at the countryside, you are finding things you just think exists in movies, such as this. The journey has been an experience for life. I have seen a lot on my travel so far, and will most probably experience really much later as well. I am really happy that I selected to drive through America instead of a dull city holiday; I am experiencing a lot more of America now.

See ya!

"My" car

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar